Awards and Achievements
- Awarded the Vancity the Art Call for the North Vancouver Branch Art Installation
Bike Art, 2017
Bike Art was created as a way to express my two passions: my awe and admiration for the breathtaking beauty around me and my love for cycling. North Vancouver’s environment is open to all; there is no need to be a professional athlete to enjoy the natural ‘facilities’, just a spark for adventure and an appetite for fresh air.
After reclaiming old bicycle parts from local businesses, I clean, refinish and assemble selected parts to photograph North Vancouver scenes – conceptual depictions of ‘Sea to Sky’. Once the base photograph is complete, it is printed on recycled wood and hand painted to embellish and accentuate seasons and the colourful variety of life and community in North Vancouver.
Horizontally, the scene spans all seasons, with fall, winter and snow sports on the western Cypress Mountain and spring and summer activities on the eastern Seymour Mountain.
Vertically, the scene depicts North Vancouver with the three iconic mountains (Cypress, Grouse and Seymour) providing skiers and snowboarders their snowy paradise to later transform into summer hiking and biking trails. The mountains are the backdrop, transitioning into rolling hills down to the North Shore’s waterfront community and urban landmarks. Along the bottom, the foreground is the Strait of Georgia connecting North Vancouver to Vancouver via the Lions’ Gate Bridge and the Seabus.
- Solo exhibition at the Gertrude and Zack Gallery Vancouver, B.C.
- 1st Place International Photography Awards, Architecture - Bridges: Musical Reflections, Hoofddorp Bridge Series
- My Images on Billboards Across Canada!
Honoured to be chosen by Paint the City.org to have my images featured on billboards across Canada (Vancouver, Montreal and Toronto) from Dec. 15, 2014 to Jan. 15, 2015.
- CBC Radio Interview about the 'Billboard Project' - Paint the City. Listen at the link below to the fill interview:
- 1st Place International Photography Awards, Architecture - Bridges: Sundial Bridge Series
- B&W + COLOR Magazine Special Issue Publication, 2012 Single Image Contest Winners: Havana Old and New Wins an Award of Merit
- 1st Place International Photography Awards, Architecture - Bridges: Oporto Bridges Series
- 3rd Place International Photography Awards, Architecture - Industrial: Algarve Wind Farm Series
- Publication in National Geographic - Special Issue: 'Your Shot'
- 1st Place International Photography Awards, Architecture - Bridges: Capilano Suspension Bridge